ARE YOU BREXIT READY?
- From next year customs controls will apply in a graduated fashion, with full controls taking effect from 1st July 2021 between EU and UK
- Even with a Free Trade Agreement there will be a requirement for customs formalities and checks will apply to all movements
- Customs estimate a five-fold increase in declarations which will generate an additional 200 million clearances per annum
- Brexit will expose 150,000 traders to customs processes for the first time
- Less than half those traders are prepared
- Customs clearance is likely to cost up to £55 per declaration
- Customs clearance infrastructure does not exist to cope with this surge in demand on people and IT
- Businesses who have not made appropriate contingency plans will be at huge risk of disrupting their daily operations
- Without taking action now, businesses will have to pay the inflated market rate, extended lead times to clear goods and run the risk of not having the required auditable accreditations and processes in place in time
- Ensuring the correct commodity codes and delivery terms (incoterms) are understood and applied correctly
- Amco is a founding member of the Customs Clearance Consortium who have invested in the infrastructure required to be able to process all customs clearances from beginning of 2021
- As a member of the Customs Clearance Consortium, Amco will guarantee processing of customs clearances for all of its subscribed customers at less than market rates and take responsibility for the clearance process supported by the correct paperwork
- As a member of the Customs Clearance Consortium, Amco will guide our subscribed customers through the legal and industry requirements for clearing their goods in advance of Brexit ensuring the correct processes, documentation, commodity codes and delivery terms are implemented
- The Customs Clearance Consortium is working closely with Customs and Excise to ensure seamless transition moving into 2021
- A customer subscription will act as an ‘insurance policy’ to derisk daily operations of your business clearing goods into the UK and provide you with auditable reports to support traceability and your UK legal requirements
BREXIT READY – HOW the subscription works
- You pay a one-off subscription fee now and this secures access to our customs clearance services
- An ongoing fixed discounted clearance fee below market rates provides our Amco subscribers with cost effective clearance services
- Being an Amco subscriber provides additional services and advice which you require as part of a no deal Brexit
- Amco subscriber will have a single source of auditable customs documentation to cover HMRC legal requirements
- You also have an opportunity to use our Bonded Warehouse facilities
Experience and expertise to support traders with all aspects of Brexit preparation and ongoing customs requirements
‘Brexit Ready Health Check’ – we analyse your supply chain and identify potential pinch points that could cause real-time or future financial penalties
Support subscribers with a simple plan and clear road map to ensure all the correct accountable processes and documentation are in place
100% focused on Brexit providing 24/7/365 support processing UK import and export customs declarations
Commercially advantageous customs clearance fees against market rates with a scalable capacity which is currently geared to cover 5000 transactions per day
The Consortium works closely with HMRC to ensure any change in legislation is passed on to our subscribers to support all legal customs obligations
You MUST be prepared!
Who is Amco?
Amco has more than 35 years’ experience as a leading UK and international logistics provider working to end-to-end supply chain solutions across a wide range of sectors.
We Are Accustomed To Customs
Amco’s supply chain management involves the transport, movement, warehousing and storage of raw materials, stock and inventory, `work-in-progress inventory, finished and consumer goods from the country or point of origin to the point of final delivery.
We take control and responsibility for customs clearance procedures for import & export including the preparation and submission of documents representing our customer during customs examination, assessment, payment of duty and taking delivery of cargo from customs after clearance along with the relevant documents.
Our Amco International logistics team provide complete documentation services including:
Certificates of Origin, Letters of Credit, Certified Invoices, ATA Carnets, and the majority of Customs documents.
Amco Park, Acanthus Road, North Moons Moat, Redditch, Worcestershire. B989EX
TEL: +44 (0)7976 649995
FAX: +44 1905 758001
LEAVE US A MESSAGE